ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT ORDINANCE (CHAPTER 499)
Public Inspection of An Environmental Impact Assessment Report
Under Section 7(1)
An application for approval of an environmental impact assessment (EIA) report for the << 1,800 MW Gas-fired Power Station at Lamma Extension >> has been submitted by << The Hongkong Electric Co. Ltd. >> to the Director of Environmental Protection under section 6(2) of the Environmental Impact Assessment Ordinance.
The EIA report prepared by the applicant is now available for the public to inspect under section 7(1) of the Ordinance from << 5 March 1999 >> to << 3 April 1999 >> at the following locations :
The public may forward written comments on the EIA report to the Director of Environmental Protection before the public inspection period expires. The comments from the public will be forwarded to the applicant or any relevant parties in the processing of the application. Any written comments should be sent to the following address by post or fax:
- The EIA Ordinance Register Office, Environmental Protection Department, 27 th floor, Southorn Centre, 130 Hennessy Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong (Opening hours : 0900 to 1200 and 1330 to 1645 from Monday to Friday and 0900 to 1200 on Saturday);
- Wan Chai Environmental Resource Centre, 221, Queen's Road East, Wan Chai, Hong Kong (Opening hours :1000 to 1300 on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, 1400 to 1800 on Wednesday) ;
- Tsuen Wan Environmental Resource Centre, Tak Wah Park, Tak Wah Street, Tsuen Wan, New Territories (Opening hours :1000 to 1300 and 1400 to 1800 on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 1400 to 1800 on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday);
- The Hongkong Electric Co. Ltd., HEC Operational Headquarters, 2 Yi Nga Drive, Ap Lei Chau, Hong Kong (Opening hours: 0900 to 1300 and 1400 to 1700 from Monday to Friday and 0900 to 1200 on Saturday);
- Southern District Office, 2/F., Mei Fung Court, Aberdeen Centre, Aberdeen and Islands District Office, 20/F., Harbour Building, 38 Pier Road, Central during normal office hours; and
- The EIA Ordinance Internet website: (http://www.info.gov.hk/epd/eia) for the executive summary of the report, 3 days after the date of this advertisement.
The EIA Ordinance Register Office,
Environmental Protection Department,
27th floor, Southorn Centre,
130 Hennessy Road,
Wanchai, Hong Kong.
Fax no. : 2147 0894
Date of this advertisement : << 15 March 1999 >>
Date of the first advertisement : << 5 March 1999 >>