Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Ordinance, Cap.499
Application for Permission to Apply Directly for Environmental Permit
(Application No.: DIR-073/2002)
Project Title: Fill Bank at Tuen Mun Area 38
Conditions Imposed under Section 5(12) of the Ordinance
for Permission to Apply Directly for Environmental Permit
1. All measures described in the Project Profile submitted by the Applicant on 4 December 2002, together with those requirements mentioned in the following conditions, shall be fully implemented.
2. Hoarding of at least 2.4m high shall be erected along the site boundary along Lung Mun Road and adjacent to the River Trade Terminal, except at the site entrance/exit. Hoarding of at least 2.4m high shall also be erected along the western boundary adjacent to the Recovery Park of the fill bank before occupation takes place at the Recovery Park.
3. Main haul roads shall be covered with concrete, bituminous materials, hardcores or metal plates.
4. Both paved and unpaved roads within the project site shall be watered every 2 hours so as to maintain the entire road surface wet during operation of the project.
5. Tipping halls at the seafront provided for transfer of public fill from trucks to barges shall be of enclosed design with top and 3-sides enclosed to prevent spillage of material into the water body.
6. A buffer zone of at least 20m shall be maintained between the public fill stockpiling area of the fill bank and the site boundary next to the Container Freight Station at River Trade Terminal, and Recovery Park Phase I and Phase II. Within the buffer zone, stockpiling of material and loading / unloading activities are prohibited.
7. An area of 100m x 100m in the north-eastern corner of the stockpiling area (Figure 1) shall be managed as a ˇ§truckload control zoneˇ¨. No more than 64 vehicle-trip per hour, and 633 vehicle-trip per day shall be travelled to the control zone.
8. Vehicle travelling within the site shall not exceed a speed of 10 km per hour.
9. All belt conveyor systems used on-site shall be enclosed on top and 2 sides and equipped with bottom plates to prevent spillage of material. Every transfer point between two conveyors shall be totally enclosed. The vertical distance between connecting belt conveyors and the material landing point shall be no more than 1m.
10. Hydroseeding or earthy coloured geo-textile matting (e.g. green / grey / brown) shall be provided on the slopes of the fill bank along the eastern, northern and western sides as the slopes of each layer of platform are formed.
11. A ˇ§Drainage Layout Planˇ¨ shall be submitted to EPD for review and agreement before the commencement of construction work.
Under Section 17 of the EIA Ordinance, the Applicant may appeal to the Appeal Board against any of the above conditions within 30 days of the receipt of this notice of the Directorˇ¦s decision.
Environmental Protection Department