Kowloon - Canton Railway Corporation
Tai Wai to Ma On Shan Extension
Reference of the Approved EIA Report in the Register: AEIAR-028/1999
Conditions of Approval under Section 8(3) of the EIA Ordinance
- The EIA report as exhibited under Section 7(1) of the Ordinance, shall be placed on the EIA Ordinance's Register as an approved EIA report.
- The recommendations of the approved EIA report shall be properly implemented.
- To deal with key project changes after the approval of EIA report, the applicant or the person in charge of the project shall seek written agreement from the Director of the Environmental Protection (the Director) on those project changes that would affect the findings and recommendations of the approved EIA report, and shall demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Director that the environmental impacts of the project shall not be worse than the environmental impacts described in the approved EIA report, with equivalent or additional measures. Such information shall be made available to the public, as directed by the Director.
- The noise impact shall not be worse than the predictions made in the EIA report.
- The applicant shall submit to the Director detailed proposals on ways to further minimize the construction noise impact as far as practicable before commencing work at the noise sensitive areas with possible noise exceedances.
- The applicant shall devise an enhanced environmental monitoring and audit programme for the noise sensitive areas predicted to be affected by possible construction noise exceedances.
- The approval of the EIA report shall not remove any person's responsibility to comply with other legislations or to obtain other government approvals.
Environmental Protection Department