Project Title : Shenzhen River Regulation Project Stage III
Reference of the Approved EIA Report in the Register: AEIAR-035/2000
Conditions of Approval under Section 8(3) of the EIA Ordinance (the Ordinance)
Date of Director's Decision : 8 June 2000
- The EIA report as exhibited under Section 7(1) of the Ordinance, shall be placed on the EIA Ordinance's Register as an approved EIA report.
- The recommendations of the approved EIA report shall be fully and properly implemented.
- To deal with key project changes after the approval of the EIA report, the applicant or the person in charge of the project shall seek written agreement from the Director on those project changes that would affect the findings and recommendations of the approved EIA report, and shall demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Director that the environmental impacts of the project shall not be worse than the environmental impacts described in the approved EIA report, with equivalent or additional measures. Such information shall be made available to the public, as directed by the Director.
- A two-year monitoring programme of the impact on the sedimentation rate and particle size at the estuary of Shenzhen River shall be conducted when the project commence its operation. The details of the monitoring programme shall be submitted to and agreed with the Director prior to the commencement of the monitoring programme.
- A benthic monitoring programme shall be conducted at the estuary of the Shenzhen River during construction and operation phases of the project until such time that the Ramsar monitoring is formally started to take over the benthic monitoring. The details of the monitoring programme shall be submitted to and agreed with the Director no later than eight weeks prior to the commencement of the construction work.
- A study on the 'Dismantle of Lo Wu Railway Bridge' shall be conducted within at least six months before commencement of the project, which shall include detailed rules on information recording and dismantle procedures, dismantle programme, guidelines for preserving the dismantled materials, location of re-erection, restoration programme and detailed rules for restoration. The Bridge shall only be demolished after the dismantle proposal is approved by the Director.
- The volume of dredged material for filling in Nam Hang Middle Valley as indicated in the EIA report shall be reduced by at least 100,000 cubic metre.
- The approval of the EIA report shall not remove any person's responsibility to comply with other legislation or to obtain other government approvals.
Environmental Protection Department