Project Title: Proposed Headquarters and Bus Maintenance Depot in Chai Wan
Reference of the Approved EIA Report in the Register: AEIAR-045/2001
Conditions of Approval under Section 8(3) of the EIA Ordinance (the Ordinance)
Date of Director's Decision: 26 September 2001
1. The EIA Report as exhibited under Section 7(1) of the Ordinance, shall be placed on the EIA Ordinance's Register as an approved EIA Report.
2. The recommendations of the approved EIA Report shall be properly implemented.
3. To deal with key project changes after the approval of the EIA report, the applicant or the person in charge of the project shall seek written agreement from the Director of Environmental Protection (the Director) on those project changes that would affect the findings and recommendations of the approved EIA report, and shall demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Director that the same environmental performance requirements in the approved EIA report can be met by equivalent or additional measures. Such information shall be made available to the public, as directed by the Director.
4. Construction noise monitoring shall be carried out once every three days throughout the construction period.
5. A complaint hotline shall be set up during the construction period.
6. The approval of the EIA report shall not remove any person's responsibility to comply with other legislation or to obtain other Government approvals.
Environmental Protection Department