Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Ordinance, Cap. 499
Application for Permission to Apply Directly for Environmental Permit
1. All measures described in the Project Profile submitted by the Applicant on 23 December 2002 shall be fully implemented.
2. Appropriate measures described in the approved EIA report entitled ¡§Ngong Ping Sewage Treatment Works and Sewerage¡¨ (Register No. AEIAR-65/2002) shall be fully implemented.
3. The following systems shall be installed to minimize the environmental impact to the environmentally sensitive country park areas at Ngong Ping as well as the water quality of Shek Pik Reservoir and Water Gathering Ground (WGG) :-
- leakage containment system along the section of the effluent export pipeline falling within the Lower Direct WGG to collect any leakage;
- flow monitoring system at Tung Wan and a series of boreholes along the length of the pipeline to detect any leakage; and
- on-line monitoring system to automatically gauge and regulate the effluent flow in the pipeline.
Under Section 17 of the EIA Ordinance, the applicant may appeal to the Appeal Board against any of the above conditions within 30 days of the receipt of this notice of the Director¡¦s decision.
Environmental Protection Department