Project Title: Planning and Engineering Feasibility Study for Sham Tseng Development
Reference of the Approved EIA Report in the Register : AEIAR-057/2002
Conditions of Approval under Section 8(3) of the EIA Ordinance (the Ordinance)
1. The EIA Report as exhibited under Section 7(1) of the Ordinance, shall be placed on the EIA Ordinance¡¦s Register as an approved EIA Report.
2. The recommendations of the approved EIA Report shall be fully and properly implemented.
3. To deal with key project changes after the approval of the EIA report, the applicant or the person in charge of the project shall seek written agreement from the Director of Environmental Protection (the Director) on those project changes that would affect the findings and recommendations of the approved EIA report, and shall demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Director that the same environmental performance requirements in the approved EIA report can be met by equivalent or additional measures. Such information shall be made available to the public, as directed by the Director.
4. The Environmental Monitoring and Audit data and reports shall be uploaded on a designated website for public information as soon as it is technically practicable after the data have been collected.
5. The proposed environmental protection measures set out in the Implementation Schedule for Non-Designated Projects (Table 13.1a) of the EIA report shall be properly implemented.
6. A Landscape Plan shall be submitted to the Director a minimum of four weeks prior to the application of any Environmental Permit under the EIA Ordinance. The Plan shall incorporate the landscape and visual mitigation measures detailed in the approved EIA report and show the landscape proposals during the construction and operation stages of the Project. The Plan shall include a review of the feasibility of providing an artificial sandy beach within the proposed marine basin.
7. The approval of the EIA report shall not remove any person¡¦s responsibility to comply with other legislation or to obtain other Government approvals.
Environmental Protection Department