Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Ordinance, (Cap. 499)
Application for Permission to Apply Directly for Environmental Permit
(Application No. DIR 047/2001)
Project Title : Site Formation Works for a Temporary Vegetable Market
at Nam Sang Wai Road, Au Tau, Yuen Long
Conditions Imposed under Section 5(12) of the EIA Ordinance
for Permission to Apply Directly for Environmental Permit
1. The Applicant shall restrict the operation hours of the temporary wholesale vegetable market from 8:00 pm to 8:00 am.
2. The Applicant shall not allow direct discharge of runoff and effluent into the Kam Tin Drainage Channel during construction and operation of the temporary wholesale vegetable market.
3. The Applicant shall provide earth bunds and channels at the site boundary to collect surface runoff and to provide sediment basin and sand trap to remove sediments of the collected water before it is discharged into public storm drains during construction and operation of the temporary wholesale vegetable market.
4. The Applicant shall not allow washing of concrete mixing equipment including mixer trucks and drum mixer at site.
5. All measures described in the Project Profile submitted with your application of 6 February 2001 together with the above conditions shall be fully implemented.
Under section 17 of the EIA Ordinance the applicant may appeal to the Appeal Board against any of the above conditions within 30 days of the receipt of this notice of the Director's decision.
Environmental Protection Department