Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Ordinance, Cap. 499
Application for Approval to Apply Directly for an Environmental Permit
Application No.: DIR-063/2002
Project Title: 132kV Submarine Cable Installation for Wong Chuk Hang - Chung Hom Kok 132kV Circuits
Conditions Imposed under Sections 5(12) of the EIA Ordinance
for Permission to Apply Directly for Environmental Permit
1. The Applicant shall submit, prior to the application for Environmental Permit, a report detailing the species and size of coral colonies within the proposed cable corridor, together with necessary supplementary information to substantiate the above coral colonies are not of high conservation value.
2. The Applicant shall explore, prior to the application for Environmental Permit, further alternative routings for cables to either completely avoid the coral habitats or deposit a relocation and/or transplant proposal as far as practicable on those affected coral habitats.
3. The Applicant shall submit, prior to the application for Environmental Permit, a report of a diving survey to identify and clarify the anomaly within the proposed cable corridor being found in the side scan sonar survey. If the anomaly is found to be of archaeological significant, the cable alignment shall be revised to avoid it.
4. The Applicant shall inform the Director of Environmental Protection immediately if any antiquities or shipwreck are found in the cable corridor.
5. All measures described in the Project Profile submitted by the Applicant on 21 January 2002, together with those requirements mentioned in the above conditions, shall be fully implemented.
Under section 17 of the EIA Ordinance, the applicant may appeal to the Appeal Board against any of the above conditions within 30 days of the receipt of this notice of the Director's decision.
Environmental Protection Department