Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Ordinance, Cap. 499
Application for Permission to Apply Directly for Environmental Permit
1. All measures described in the Project Profile submitted by the Applicant on 26 July 2003 shall be fully implemented.
2. The existing footpath within the Ngong Ping Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) shall be strictly used as the transportation route. The use of other routes in the Ngong Ping SSSI for the construction of the project shall be prohibited.
3. Widening of the existing footpath in the Ngong Ping SSSI for the construction of the project shall be prohibited.
4. Dumping of excavated materials, waste, spoil or materials alike arising from the project in the nearby environmentally sensitive areas including country park, SSSI, special area and conservation area shall be prohibited.
5. The footprint of the project shall be strictly adhered to the project area proposed in the Project Profile. Encroachment of the project footprint on the nearby areas including country park, SSSI and special area shall be prohibited.
Under Section 17 of the EIA Ordinance, the applicant may appeal to the Appeal Board against any of the above conditions within 30 days of the receipt of this notice of the Director’s decision.
Environmental Protection Department