Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Ordinance, Cap.499
Application for Permission to Apply Directly for Environmental Permit
(Application No.: DIR-088/2003)
Project Title: TV Transposer Station at Hill 374,
Lam Tsuen Country Park, STT No. 1985, D.D. 104
Conditions Imposed under Section 5(12) of the EIA Ordinance
for Permission to Apply Directly for Environmental Permit
1. All mitigation measures described in the Project Profile (No. PP-196/2003) submitted by the project proponent on 26 August 2003 shall be fully implemented.
Construction of the Project
2. The Project shall be constructed at the location as described in the Project Profile.
3. No construction activities shall be undertaken between 6:00pm and 8:00am.
4. The concrete plinth shall be formed using cement mixed ready off site.
5. A row of sand bags shall be placed along the southwest and southeast sides of the site to prevent any excess earth or storm water flowing down to the watercourse located 40m west of the Project.
6. The transportation of the followings shall be by helicopter to/from the site:
the concrete plinth
small size construction machinery and equipment
all the excavated earth which shall be bagged
the excess building material, construction machinery and equipment
7. All excavated earth and waste material removed off-site by helicopter shall be properly disposed of at the closest public fill/landfill as appropriate.
8. All sewage arising from the construction works shall be collected in buckets and removed from the site at the end of each working day and disposed of legally to foul sewer.
9. After completion of construction works, the site including debris outside the site boundary shall be cleared.
Operation of the Project
10. All surface water within the site boundary shall be collected to a storm water pit located inside the boundary area as shown in Figure 4 of the Project Profile and discharged below ground level.
11. 9 nos. of the tree species – Casuarina equisetifolia (Heavy Standard) and about 172 nos. of the shrub species – Calliandra haematceophala (Ht 500 x Spd. 300) shall be placed as screen planting. The mitigation measures area as illustrated in the proposed planting plan in Figure 8 of the Project Profile shall be planted, managed and maintained by the project proponent.
12. All the Station equipment shall use a low glare subtle grey colour (Pantone 462U, BS10B25 or equivalent) and shall be managed and maintained by the project proponent.
Under Section 17 of the EIA Ordinance, the applicant may appeal to the Appeal Board against any of the above conditions within 30 days of receipt of this notice of the Director’s decision.
Environmental Protection Department