Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Ordinance, Cap.499
Application for Permission to Apply Directly for Environmental Permit
(Application No: DIR-117/2005)
Project Title : Provision of a Temporary
Helipad at Tea Garden, Ngong Ping
for Tung Chung Cable Car Project
Date of the Director's Permission : 22 March 2005
Conditions Imposed under Section 5(12) of the EIA Ordinance
For Permission to Apply Directly for an Environmental Permit
1. All measures described in the Project Profile submitted by the Applicant on 7 February 2005 shall be fully implemented.
2. The project shall be restricted at the location indicated in Figure 1.1 of the Project Profile with site area not more than 400m2. No area within the project site shall be paved with concrete. No temporary access or haul road shall be formed outside the project site. No tree shall be cut in any area outside the project site. No construction materials shall be stockpiled in any area outside the project site. No construction wastes shall be dumped in the environmentally sensitive areas including the country parks, the Ngong Ping Site of Special Scientific Interest, the Lantau Peak Special Area and Site of Special Scientific Interest and the conservation area at Ngong Ping.
3. The helicopter “LAMA” shall not be used in the project. The project shall only use the helicopter “KAMOV KA-32A12” as proposed in the Project Profile or other quieter helicopter. No helicopter shall be operated between 7:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. of the following day and at any time on Sundays and public holidays. No helicopter shall be operated outside the flight path indicated in Figure 4.1 of the Project Profile. Helicopter noise shall be measured at the nearest noise sensitive receiver i.e. the D. G. Davis Hostel to verify that the noise levels will be in compliance with the relevant EIAO TM criteria.
4. The duration of the operation of the project shall be restricted to maximum eight months.
5. No more than 4000 litres of aviation fuel shall be stored within the project site. The storage containers of the aviation fuel shall be housed in a temporary waterproof structure. Floor of the temporary structure shall be properly designed with holding capacity of not less than 4000 litres to retain any accidentally spilled aviation fuel.
6. The project area and all affected area shall be reinstated by appropriate hydroseeding and/or vegetation planting to the original profile within two months upon completion of the project.
Under Section 17 of the EIA Ordinance, the applicant may appeal to the Appeal Board against any of the above conditions within 30 days of the receipt of this notice of the Director’s decision.
Environmental Protection Department