Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Ordinance, Cap. 499
Application for Permission to Apply Directly for Environmental Permit
Application No.: DIR- 137/2006
Project Title: Tseung Kwan O Area 86 Property Development –
Rainwater and Grey Water Recycling
Conditions Imposed under Section 5(12) of the EIA Ordinance
for Permission to Apply Directly for Environmental Permit
1. All measures described in the Project Profile submitted by the Applicant on 23 February 2006 shall be fully implemented.
2. The treated effluent from the Project shall meet the requirements set out in Table 4.1 of the Project Profile.
3. Operation of the Project shall be suspended if (a) the effluent does not comply with the Water Quality Standards set out in Table 4.1 of the Project Profile; or (b) there is an outbreak of highly infectious disease in Hong Kong, or (c) any emergency situations for the greywater treatment plant including flooding of the treatment/storage tanks. Under such circumstances, rainwater collected should be discharged into storm drain while all grey water and condensate collected should be directed to the sewerage system through the overflow pipes until system recovery in order to ensure the effluent quality complying with the water reuse standard or no highly infection diseases found in Hong Kong.
4. Preventive measures to avoid cross contamination with Water Supplies Department’s potable water distribution system shall be implemented.
5. The treated water from the recycling shall not be used for purposes other than for landscape irrigation, street cleaning and water features of the Tseung Kwan O Area 86 Development.
Under Section 17 of the EIA Ordinance, the applicant may appeal to the Appeal Board against any of the above conditions within 30 days of the receipt of this notice of the Director’s decision.
Environmental Protection Department