Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Ordinance, Cap.499
Application for Permission to Apply Directly for Environmental Permit
(Application No.: DIR-184/2009)
Project Title: Improvement Works of Seabed at the Northwest of Tung Wan, Peng Chau
Conditions Imposed under Section 5(12) of the EIA Ordinance
for Permission to Apply Directly for Environmental Permit
1. All measures described in the Project Profile submitted by the Applicant on 25 June 2009 shall be fully implemented.
2. Standing type silt curtain should be employed and maintained at all time throughout the excavation and sand filling operation to minimize the water quality impact.
3. No more than two backhoes, one bulldozer and 5 village vehicles shall be employed for the excavation operation.
4. No more than two backhoes, one bulldozer and 1 conveyor belt barge shall be employed for the sand filling operation.
5. The excavation rate shall not exceed 100 cubic metre per day at all time throughout the excavation operation.
6. No construction works of the project shall be carried out between 1900 to 0700 hours and any time on a general holiday including Sunday.
water quality monitoring programme described in Section
Under Section 17 of the EIA Ordinance, the Applicant may appeal to the Appeal Board against the above conditions within 30 days of the receipt of this notice of the Director’s decision.
Environmental Protection Department