Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Ordinance, Cap. 499
Project Title : Sediment Removal at Yim Tin Tsai, Yim Tin Tsai (East) Fish Culture Zones and Shuen Wan Typhoon Shelter
1. All measures described in the Project Profile (No. PP-401/2009) submitted by the applicant on 16 November 2009 shall be fully implemented.
2. Silt curtain should be employed and maintained at all time throughout the dredging operation to minimize the water quality impact.
3. Closed grab dredger shall be used for dredging operation of the Project. All dredged sediment placed on barge should be covered properly.
4. The maximum allowable dredging rate at Yim Tin Tsai (East) Fish Culture Zone should not be more than 4,300m3 per day and the existing fish rafts shall be relocated prior to dredging.
5. The maximum allowable dredging rate at Yim Tin Tsai Fish Culture Zone and Shuen Wan Typhoon Shelter should not be greater than 2,500m3 and 600m3 per day respectively and the existing fish rafts shall be relocated prior to dredging. If the fish rafts remain at Yim Tin Tsai Fish Culture Zone during dredging at the typhoon shelter, the maximum dredging rate at the typhoon shelter should be reduced to no more than 300m3 per day to avoid impact to the existing marine culture activities at Yim Tin Tsai Fish Culture Zone.
6. The maximum number of dredgers employed for dredging operation at Yim Tin Tsai Fish Culture Zone and Yim Tin Tsai (East) Fish Culture Zone shall not more than 2 numbers and 3 numbers respectively. Only 1 derrick lighter with grab shall be employed for dredging operation at Shuen Wan Typhoon Shelter.
7. The project proponent shall implement a monitoring programme on coral and also the nesting of ardeids and White-bellies Sea Eagles at Yeung Chau.
8. The temporary relocation of fish rafts for Yim Tin Tsai (East) Fish Culture Zone shall be taken place during the non-breeding season of marine culture activities from August to February.
Under Section 17 of the EIA Ordinance, the Applicant may appeal to the Appeal Board against any of the above conditions within 30 days of the receipt of this notice of the Director’s decision.
Environmental Protection Department