|Environmental Permit No.||EP-082/2000|
|環 境 許 可 證 編 號||EP-082/2000|
ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT ORDINANCE
環 境 影 響 評 估 條 例
(第 499章 )
ENVIRONMENTAL PERMIT TO CONSTRUCT AND OPERATE A DESIGNATED PROJECT
建 造 及 營 辦 指 定 工 程 項 目 的 環 境 許 可 證
PART A (MAIN PERMIT)
A部 (許 可 證 主 要 部 分 )
Pursuant to Section 10 of the Environmental Impact Assessment Ordinance (EIAO), the Director of Environmental Protection (the Director) grants this environmental permit to the ARCHITECTURAL SERVICES DEPARTMENT (the "Permit Holder") to construct and operate the designated project described in Part B subject to the conditions described in or attached to Part C. The issue of this environmental permit is based on the documents, approvals or permissions described below:
根 據 環 境 影 響 評 估 條 例 (環 評 條 例 )第 10條 的 規 定 ， 環 境 保 護 署 署 長 (署 長 ) 將 本 環 境 許 可 證 批 予 建 築 署 (下 稱 "許 可 證 持 有 人 ") 以 建 造 及 營 辦 B部 所 說 明 的 指 定 工 程 項 目 ， 但 須 遵 守 C部 所 說 明 的 條 件 。 本 環 境 許 可 證 的 發 出 ， 乃 以 下 表 所 列 的 文 件 、 批 准 或 許 可 作 為 根 據 ﹕
申 請 書 編 號
|Document in the Register :
登 記 冊 上 的 文 件 ：
|(1) Project Profile -
"Proposed Extension of Kwai Chung Crematorium" (Register No. PP-084/2000) [Hereinafter referred as "the Project Profile"]
(1) 工 程 項 目 簡 介 -
(2) The Director's letter of permission to apply directly for environmental permit dated 17 May 2000 (Reference: (29) in EP2/N3/N/50)
(2) 署 長 於 2000年 5月 17日 發 出 的 批 准 直 接 申 請 環 境 許 可 證 信 件 (檔 號 ： (29)in EP2/N3/N/50)
(3) Application documents including all attachments submitted by the Permit Holder on 3 October 2000 (Application No. AEP-082/2000)
(3) 申 請 文 件 包 括 許 可 證 持 有 人 於 2000年 10月 3日 提 交 的 所 有 附 件 (申 請 書 編 號 ： AEP-082/2000)
PART B (DESCRIPTIONS OF DESIGNATED PROJECT)
B部 (指 定 工 程 項 目 的 說 明 )
Hereunder is the description of the designated project mentioned in Part A of this Environmental Permit:
下 列 為 本 環 境 許 可 證 (下 稱 "許 可 證 ")A部 所 提 述 的 指 定 工 程 項 目 的 說 明 :
|Title of Designated Project
指 定 工 程 項 目 的 名 稱
|Replacement of Cremators at the Kwai Chung Crematorium [This designated project is hereinafter referred to as "the Project"]
更 換 葵 涌 火 葬 場 的 火 化 爐 。 [這 指 定 工 程 項 目 下 稱 "工 程 項 目 "]
|Nature of Designated Project
指 定 工 程 項 目 的 性 質
|Replacement of the existing crematorium building with a new building
建 築 一 座 新 大 樓 代 替 現 有 的 火 葬 場 大 樓
|Location of Designated Project
指 定 工 程 項 目 的 地 點
|Wing Hau Street, Kwai Chung
Figures 1 attached to this Permit shows the locations of the proposed works.
葵 涌 永 孝 街 ， 本 許 可 證 附 圖 1展 示 建 議 工 程 的 位 置 。
|Scale and Scope of Designated Project(s)
指 定 工 程 項 目 的 規 模 和 範 圍
|New 2-storey building consisting of four single cremators and associated public service halls and staff offices
兩 層 高 的 新 大 樓 設 有 四 個 單 槽 式 火 化 爐 、 相 關 的 公 眾 服 務 禮 堂 及 員 工 辦 公 室
PART C (PERMIT CONDITIONS)
1. General Conditions
1.1 The Permit Holder shall ensure full compliance with all conditions of this environmental permit. Any non-compliance may constitute a contravention of the Environmental Impact Assessment Ordinance and may become subject of appropriate action being taken under the Ordinance.
1.2 The Permit Holder shall ensure full compliance with all legislation from time to time in force including without limitation the Noise Control Ordinance (Cap. 400), Air Pollution Control Ordinance (Cap. 311), Water Pollution Control Ordinance (Cap. 358), Dumping at Sea Ordinance (Cap. 466) and Waste Disposal Ordinance (Cap. 354). This Permit does not of itself constitute any ground of defense against any proceedings instituted under any legislation.
1.3 The Permit Holder shall make copies of this Permit together with all documents referred to in this Permit or the documents referred to in Part A of the Permit readily available at all times for inspection by the Director or his authorized officers at all sites/offices covered by this Permit. Any reference to the Permit shall include all documents referred to in the Permit and also the relevant documents in the Register.
1.4 The Permit Holder shall give a copy of this Permit to the person(s) in charge of the site(s) and ensure that such person(s) fully understands all conditions and all requirements incorporated by the Permit.
1.5 The Permit Holder shall display conspicuously a copy of this Permit on the construction site(s) at all vehicular site entrances/exits or at a convenient location for public information at all times. The Permit Holder shall ensure that the most updated information about the Permit, including any amended permit, is displayed at such locations. If the Permit Holder surrenders a part or the whole of the Permit, the notice he sends to the Director shall also be displayed at the same locations as the original Permit.
1.6 The Permit Holder shall construct and operate the Project in accordance with the project descriptions in Part B of this Permit.
1.7 The Permit Holder shall ensure that the Project is designed, constructed and operated in accordance with the information and all recommendations described in the Project Profile. (EIAO Register No. PP-084/2000); other relevant documents in the Register; and the information or mitigation measures described in this Permit, or mitigation measures to be recommended in submissions that shall be deposited with or approved by the Director as a result of permit conditions contained in this Permit, or mitigation measures to be recommended under on going surveillance and monitoring activities during all stages of the Project. Where recommendations referred to in the documents of the Register are not expressly referred to in this Permit, such recommendations are nevertheless to be implemented unless expressly excluded or impliedly amended in this Permit.
1.8 All deposited submissions, as required under this Permit, shall be rectified in accordance with the comments, if any made by the Director within one month of the receipt of the Director's comments or otherwise specified by the Director.
1.9 All submissions approved by the Director, all submissions deposited without comments by the Director, or all submissions rectified in accordance with comments by the Director under this Permit shall be construed as part of the permit conditions described in Part C of this Permit. Any variation of the submissions shall be approved by the Director in writing or as prescribed in the relevant permit conditions. Any non-compliance with the submissions may constitute a contravention of the Environmental Impact Assessment Ordinance.
1.10 The Permit Holder shall release all finalized submissions as required under this Permit, to the public by depositing copies in the Environmental Impact Assessment Ordinance Register Office, or in any other places, or any internet websites as specified by the Director for public inspection. For this purpose, the Permit Holder shall provide sufficient copies of the submissions.
1.11 All submissions to the Director required under this Permit shall be delivered either in person or by registered mail to the Environmental Impact Assessment Ordinance Register Office (currently at 27/F, Southorn Centre, 130 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong).
1.12 The Permit Holder shall notify the Director in writing the commencement date of construction of the Project at least 2 weeks prior to the commencement of construction of the Project. The Permit Holder shall notify the Director in writing immediately if there is any change of the commencement date of the construction.
2. Specific Conditions
2.1 The maximum number of cremators shall be limited to four with a total maximum loading of 760 kg/hour.
2.2 The existing crematorium (which consists of two twin cremators) shall not be allowed to operate in parallel with the new crematorium and the existing crematorium shall cease operation before the four new cremators come into operation.
2.3 All outdoor areas shall be landscaped including planting trees to act as a buffer to block the views to the existing industrial buildings in northwest Kwai Chung.
2.4 The main entrances of the Service Hall shall be oriented away from the existing industrial buildings in northwest Kwai Chung.
2.5 The main access areas shall be pedestrianised and landscaped including the use of pre-cast paving blocks on the emergency vehicular access, service access and access road from the crematorium building to the existing columbarium.
1. This Permit consists of three parts, namely, PART A (Main Permit), PART B (Description of Designated Project) and PART C (Permit Conditions). Any person relying on this permit should obtain independent legal advice on the legal implications under the Ordinance, and the following notes are for general information only.
2. The Permit Holder may apply under Section 13 of the Ordinance to the Director for a variation of the conditions of this Permit. The Permit Holder shall replace the original permit displayed on the construction site by the amended permit.
3. A person who assumes the responsibility for the whole or a part of the designated project may, before he assumes responsibility of the designated project, apply under Section 12 of the Ordinance to the Director for a further environmental permit.
4. Under Section 14 of the Ordinance, the Director may with the consent of the Secretary for the Environment and Food, suspend, vary or cancel this Permit. The suspended, varied or cancelled Permit shall be removed from display at the construction site.
5. If this Permit is cancelled or surrendered during construction or operation of the Project, another environmental permit must be obtained under the Ordinance before the Project could be continued. It is an offence under Section 26(1) of the Ordinance to construct or operate a designated project listed in Part I of Schedule 2 of the Ordinance without a valid environmental permit.
6. Any person who constructs or operates the Project contrary to the conditions in the Permit, and is convicted of an offence under the Ordinance, is liable: -
(i) on a first conviction on indictment to a fine of $ 2 million and to imprisonment for 6 months;
(ii) on a second or subsequent conviction on indictment to a fine of $ 5 million and to imprisonment for 2 years;
(iii) on a first summary conviction to a fine at level 6 and to imprisonment for 6 months;
(iv) on a second or subsequent summary conviction to a fine of $1 million and to imprisonment for 1 year; and
(v) in any case where the offence is of a continuing nature, the court or magistrate may impose a fine of $ 10,000 for each day on which he is satisfied the offence continued.
7. The Permit Holder may appeal against any condition of this Permit under Section 17 of the Ordinance within 30 days of receipt of this Permit.
[ Back to First Page ] / [ Back to Main Index ]