|Environmental Permit No.||EP-099/2001|
|環 境 許 可 證 編 號||EP-099/2001|
ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT ORDINANCE
環 境 影 響 評 估 條 例
(第 499章 )
ENVIRONMENTAL PERMIT TO CONSTRUCT AND
OPERATE A DESIGNATED PROJECT
建 造 及 營 辦 指 定 工 程 項 目 的 環 境 許 可 證
PART A (MAIN PERMIT)
A部 (許 可 證 主 要 部 分 )
Pursuant to Section 10 of the Environmental Impact Assessment Ordinance (the EIAO), the Director of Environmental Protection (the Director) grants this environmental permit to FLAG Telecom Asia Limited (hereinafter referred to as the "Permit Holder") to construct and operate the designated project described in Part B subject to the conditions specified in Part C. The issue of this environmental permit is based on the documents, approvals or permissions described below:
根 據 環 境 影 響 評 估 條 例 (環 評 條 例 )第 10條 的 規 定 ， 環 境 保 護 署 署 長 (署 長 )將 本 環 境 許 可 證 批 予 FLAG Telecom Asia Limited (下 稱 "許 可 證 持 有 人 ")以 建 造 及 營 辦 B部 所 說 明 的 指 定 工 程 項 目 ， 但 須 遵 守 C部 所 列 明 的 條 件 。 本 環 境 許 可 證 的 發 出 ， 乃 以 下 表 所 列 的 文 件 、 批 准 或 許 可 作 為 根 據 ﹕ -
申 請 書 編 號
|Document in the Register :
登 記 冊 上 的 文 件 ：
|(1) Project Profile -"FLAG North Asian Loop"(Register No.: PP-121/2001)
(1) 工 程 項 目 簡 介 -"FLAG北 亞 光 纖 環 系 統 "(登 記 冊 編 號 ： PP-121/2001)
(2) The Director's letter of permission to apply directly for environmental permit dated 11 May 2001 (Reference: (33) in EP2/N9/C/84)
(2)環 境 保 護 署 署 長 於 2001年 5月 11日 發 出 批 准 直 接 申 請 環 境 許 可 證 的 信 件 (檔 案 的 編 號 :(33)in EP2/N9/C/84)
(3) Application documents including all attachments submitted by the Permit Holder on 21 May 2001 (Application No. AEP-099/2001)
(3) 許 可 證 持 有 人 於 2001年 5月 21日 提 交 申 請 文 件 包 括 所 有 附 件 (申 請 書 編 號 ﹕ AEP-099/2001)
|Director's Permission to Apply Directly for Environmental Permit
署 長 准 許 直 接 申 請 環 境 許 可 證
|Letter Reference: (33)in EP2/N9/C/84
信 件 檔 號 ： (33)in EP2/N9/C/84
Date:11 May 2001
日 期 ： 2001年 5月 11日
PART B (DESCRIPTIONS OF DESIGNATED PROJECT)
B部 (指 定 工 程 項 目 的 說 明 )
Hereunder is the description of the designated project mentioned in Part A of this environmental permit (hereinafter referred to as the "Permit"):
下 列 為 本 環 境 許 可 證 (下 稱 "許 可 證 ")A部 所 提 述 的 指 定 工 程 項 目 的 說 明 :
|Title of Designated Project
指 定 工 程 項 目 的 名 稱
|FLAG North Asian Loop
[The above designated projects are hereinafter referred to as "the Project"]
FLAG北 亞 光 纖 環 系 統
[上 述 指 定 工 程 項 目 下 稱 "工 程 項 目 "]
|Nature of Designated Project
指 定 工 程 項 目 的 性 質
|A dredging operation which is less than 500 metres form the nearest boundary of a Coastal Protection Area at Tong Fuk.
挖 泥 工 程 ， 施 工 地 點 距 離 塘 福 海 岸 保 護 區 最 接 近 的 界 線 少 於 500米 。
|Location of Designated Project
指 定 工 程 項 目 的 地 點
|The proposed cable route starts from Tong Fuk and extends southward beyond Hong Kong SAR boundary and enters the South China Sea as shown in Figure 1 attached to this Permit.
擬 建 的 電 纜 自 塘 福 開 始 鋪 設 ， 向 南 延 伸 至 香 港 特 區 界 線 以 外 ， 並 進 入 南 中 國 海 [如 本 許 可 證 夾 附 圖 1 所 示 ]。
|Scale and Scope of Designated Project(s)
指 定 工 程 項 目 的 規 模 和 範 圍
|Installation of a cable with an intended burial depth of not less than 3 m, starting due south of the landfall at Tong Fuk and extending to the edge of Hong Kong SAR waters. The total length of the cable in Hong Kong SAR waters is approximately 10 km.
電 纜 的 預 計 埋 入 深 度 不 少 於 3米 ， 自 塘 福 近 岸 陸 地 的 正 南 端 開 始 鋪 設 ， 延 伸 至 香 港 特 區 水 域 的 邊 緣 。 在 香 港 特 區 水 域 內 鋪 設 的 電 纜 總 長 度 約 10公 里 。
PART C (PERMIT CONDITIONS)
1. General Conditions
1.1 The Permit Holder shall ensure full compliance with all conditions of this environmental permit. Any non-compliance may constitute a contravention of the EIAO and may become subject of appropriate action being taken under the Ordinance.
1.2 The Permit Holder shall ensure full compliance with all legislation from time to time in force including without limitation the Noise Control Ordinance (Cap. 400), Air Pollution Control Ordinance (Cap. 311), Water Pollution Control Ordinance (Cap. 358), Dumping at Sea Ordinance (Cap. 466) and Waste Disposal Ordinance (Cap. 354). This Permit does not of itself constitute any ground of defense against any proceedings instituted under any legislation.
1.3 The Permit Holder shall make copies of this Permit together with all documents referred to in this Permit or the documents referred to in Part A of the Permit readily available at all times for inspection at all sites/offices covered by this Permit. Any reference to the Permit shall include all documents referred to in the Permit and also the relevant documents in the Register.
1.4 The Permit Holder shall give a copy of this Permit to the person(s) in charge of the site(s) and ensure that such person(s) fully understands all conditions and all requirements incorporated by the Permit. The site(s) refers to site(s) of construction and operation of the Project(s) and shall mean the same hereafter.
1.5 The Permit Holder shall display conspicuously a copy of this Permit on the construction site(s) at all vehicular site entrances/exits or at a convenient location for public's information at all times. The Permit Holder shall ensure that the most updated information about the Permit, including any amended Permit, is displayed at such locations. If the Permit Holder surrenders a part or the whole of the Permit, the notice he sends to the Director shall also be displayed at the same locations as the original Permit. The suspended, varied or cancelled Permit shall be removed from display at the construction site(s).
1.6 The Permit Holder shall construct and operate the Project as described in Part B of this Permit.
1.7 The Permit Holder shall ensure that the Project is designed, constructed and operated in accordance with the information and recommendations described in the Project Profile (EIAO Register No. PP-121/2001); other relevant documents in the Register; and the information or mitigation measures described in this Permit. Where recommendations referred to in the documents of the Register are not expressly referred to in this Permit, such recommendations are nevertheless to be implemented unless expressly excluded or impliedly amended in this Permit.
1.8 All deposited submissions, as required under this Permit, shall be rectified in accordance with the comments, if any made by the Director within one month of the receipt of the Director's comments or otherwise specified by the Director.
1.9 All submissions approved by the Director, all submissions deposited without comments by the Director, or all submissions rectified in accordance with comments by the Director under this Permit shall be construed as part of the permit conditions described in Part C of this Permit. Any variation of the submissions shall be approved by the Director in writing or as prescribed in the relevant permit conditions. Any non-compliance with the submissions may constitute a contravention of the Environmental Impact Assessment Ordinance.
1.10 The Permit Holder shall release all finalized submissions as required under this Permit, to the public by depositing copies in the Environmental Impact Assessment Ordinance Register Office, or in any other places, or any internet websites as specified by the Director for public inspection. For this purpose, the Permit Holder shall provide sufficient copies of the submission.
1.11 All submissions to the Director required under this Permit shall be delivered either in person or by registered mail to the Environmental Impact Assessment Ordinance Register Office (currently at 27/F, Southorn Centre, 130 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong).
1.12 The Permit Holder shall notify the Director in writing the commencement date of construction of the Project no later than 4 weeks prior to the commencement of construction of the Project. The Permit Holder shall notify the Director in writing immediately if there is any change of the commencement date of the construction.
2. Measures for the Construction of the Project
2.1 The Cable shall be laid along the alignments as delineated in Table 1 attached to this Permit. The Permit Holder shall obtain prior approve from the Director of any changes in the Project details, including cable alignments, burial depth, trench width and installation methods.
2.2 The Permit Holder shall not carry out cable laying work for the initial 500 meters of submarine cable, which starts from the manhole at tong Fuk, during bathing season from 1 March to 30 October inclusive.
2.3 The Permit Holder shall cover stockpiles of materials with tarpaulin or similar fabric during the land-based cable installation activities at to minimize the water quality impact arising from the surface runoff during the rainy season.
2.4 The Permit Holder shall provide casing for the boring equipment to prevent the escape of drilling fluid through the walls of the borehole to the seabed and employ a person stationed in a vessel along the drill route during drilling operations to assist with the detection of any fluid escape.
2.5 The Permit Holder shall within four weeks after completion of the Project, deposit with the Director one set of plan(s) in scale 1:5000 scale with coordinates indicating the as-built alignment of the cable.
1. This Permit consists of three parts, namely, PART A (Main Permit), PART B (Description of Designated Project) and PART C (Permit Conditions). Any person relying on this permit should obtain independent legal advice on the legal implications under the Ordinance, and the following notes are for general information only.
2. The Permit Holder may apply under Section 13 of the Ordinance to the Director for a variation of the conditions of this Permit. The Permit Holder shall replace the original permit displayed on the construction site by the amended permit.
3. A person who assumes the responsibility for the whole or a part of the designated project may, before he assumes responsibility of the designated project, apply under Section 12 of the Ordinance to the Director for a further environmental permit.
4. Under Section 14 of the Ordinance, the Director may with the consent of the Secretary for the Environment and Food, suspend, vary or cancel this Permit. The suspended, varied or cancelled Permit shall be removed from display at the construction site.
5. If this Permit is cancelled or surrendered during construction or operation of the Project, another environmental permit must be obtained under the Ordinance before the Project could be continued. It is an offence under Section 26(1) of the Ordinance to construct or operate a designated project listed in Part I of Schedule 2 of the Ordinance without a valid environmental permit.
6. Any person who constructs or operates the Project contrary to the conditions in the Permit, and is convicted of an offence under the Ordinance, is liable: -
(i) on a first conviction on indictment to a fine of $ 2 million and to imprisonment for 6 months;
(ii) on a second or subsequent conviction on indictment to a fine of $ 5 million and to imprisonment for 2 years;
(iii) on a first summary conviction to a fine at level 6 and to imprisonment for 6 months;
(iv) on a second or subsequent summary conviction to a fine of $1 million and to imprisonment for 1 year; and
(v) in any case where the offence is of a continuing nature, the court or magistrate may impose a fine of $ 10,000 for each day on which he is satisfied the offence continued.
7. The Permit Holder may appeal against any condition of this Permit under Section 17 of the Ordinance within 30 days of receipt of this Permit.
8. The Notes are for general reference only and that the Permit Holder should refer to the EIA Ordinance for details and seek independent legal advice.
[ Back to First Page ] / [ Back to Main Index ]