Environmental Permit No. EP/155/2006/B
ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT ORDINANCE
ENVIRONMENTAL PERMIT TO DECOMMISSION A DESIGNATED PROJECT
Pursuant to Sections 10 and 13 of the Environmental Impact Assessment Ordinance (the Ordinance), the Director of Environmental Protection (the Director) granted the Environmental Permit (No. EP/155/2003/A) to CLP Power (hereinafter referred to as the “Permit Holder”) on 11 April 2003. Pursuant to Section 13 of the Ordinance, the Director amends the Environmental Permit based on the Application No. VEP-216/2006. The amendments described below are incorporated into this Environmental Permit (No. EP/155/2006/B). This Environmental Permit as amended is for the decommissioning of the designated project described in Part B of this Permit subject to the conditions specified in and attached to Part C of this Permit.
根據《環境影響評估條例》（條例）第10及13條的規定，環境保護署署長（署長）於2003年4月11日將環境許可證 (編號EP/155/2003/A) 批予 CLP Power （下稱“許可證持有人”）。根據條例第 13條的規定，署長因應更改環境許可證的申請編號VEP-216/2006 修訂環境許可證。下文說明的修訂，已包含在本環境許可證內 (編號EP/155/2006/B)。本經修訂的環境許可證作為解除運作本許可證B部所說明的指定工程項目，但須遵守本許可證C部所說明及附載的條件。
The issue of this environmental permit is based on the documents, approvals or permissions described below:
Document in the Register :
(1) Project Profile –“Decommissioning of Gas Turbine Units (GT3 - GT6) Inside Castle Peak Power Station” (Register No.: PP-178/2002)
(1) 工程項目簡介 - "青山發電廠燃氣渦輪發電機(渦輪三至渦輪六)清拆工程”(登記冊編號 : PP-178/2002)
(2) Director’s Permission to Apply Directly for Environmental Permit, Letter Reference: (33) in EP2/N4/PT2/83 Dated : 10 January 2003
(2) 署長批准直接申請環境許可證, 信件檔號: (33 ) in EP2/N4/PT2/83日期: 二零零三年一月十日
(3) Application documents including all attachments submitted on 28 January 2003 (Application No. AEP–155/2003)
(3) 申請文件包括於2003年1月28日提交的所有附件 (申請書編號AEP–155/2003)
(4) Environmental Permit issued – No.: EP-155/2003 issued on 22 February 2003.
(4) 已簽發的環境許可證 - 編號 : EP-155/2003於2003年2月22日簽發。
(5) Application documents including all attachments submitted on 14 March 2003 (Application No. VEP–088/2003)
(5) 申請文件包括於2003年3月14日提交的所有附件 (申請書編號VEP–088/2003)
(6) Environmental Permit issued – No.: EP-155/2003/A issued on 11 April 2003.
(6) 已簽發的環境許可證 - 編號 : EP-155/2003/A於2003年4月11日簽發。
(7) Application documents including all attachments submitted on 29 May 2006 (Application No. VEP–216/2006)
(7) 申請文件包括於2006年5月29日提交的所有附件 (申請書編號VEP–216/2006)
2 June 2006
(Lawrence K.K. NGO)
Acting Principal Environmental Protection Officer
for the Director of Environmental Protection
(署理首席環境保護主任 敖國強 代行)
Hereunder is the description of the designated project mentioned in Part A of this environmental permit :
Title of Designated Project
Decommissioning of Gas Turbine Units (GT3, GT4, GT5 and GT6) inside Castle Peak Power Station
青山發電廠燃氣渦輪發電機 (渦輪三, 渦輪四, 渦輪五 及 渦輪六) 的清拆工程
[This designated project is hereinafter referred to as "the Project".]
Decommissioning of a public utility electricity power plant.
解除公用事業設施 ─ 發電廠的運作。
Location of Designated Project
The 4 gas turbine units to be decommissioned under the Project are located inside the Castle Peak Power Station in Tuen Mun, N.T., as shown in Figure 1 attached to this Permit.
清拆的四組渦輪機位於新界屯門青山發電廠，如許可證附 圖1 所示。
Scale and Scope of Designated Project
Demolish and remove all plant equipment and associated structures of the gas turbine units GT3, GT4, GT5 and GT6 inside Castle Peak Power Station. The area of the works site is about 2 x 2,500 m2 .
清拆及運走位於新界屯門青山發電廠的三號, 四號, 五號 及 六號渦輪機組的所有設施及有關結構。工地面積共約 2 X 2,500平方米。
1. General Conditions
1.1 The Permit Holder and any person working on the Project shall comply with all conditions set out in this Permit. Any non-compliance by any person may constitute a contravention of the Environmental Impact Assessment Ordinance (Cap.499) and may become the subject of appropriate action being taken under the Ordinance.
1.2 The Permit Holder shall ensure full compliance with all legislation from time to time in force including without limitation the Noise Control Ordinance (Cap.400), Air Pollution Control Ordinance (Cap.311), Water Pollution control Ordinance (Cap.358), Dumping at Sea Ordinance (Cap.466) and Waste Disposal Ordinance (Cap.354). This Permit does not of itself constitute any ground of defense against any proceedings instituted under any legislation or imply any approval under any legislation.
1.3 The Permit Holder shall make copies of this Permit together with all documents referred to in this Permit or the documents referred to in Part A of the Permit readily available at all times for inspection by the Director or his authorized officers at all sites/offices covered by this Permit. Any reference to the Permit shall include all documents referred to in the Permit and also the relevant documents in the Register.
1.4 The Permit Holder shall give a copy of this Permit to the person(s) in charge of the Project Site and ensure that such person(s) fully understands all conditions and all requirements incorporated by the Permit. The Project Site refers to the site of decommissioning of the Project and shall mean the same hereafter.
1.5 The Permit Holder shall display conspicuously a copy of this Permit on the Project Site at all vehicular site entrances/exits or at a convenient location for public information at all times. The Permit Holder shall ensure that the most updated information about the Permit, including any amended permit, is displayed at such locations. If the Permit Holder surrenders a part or the whole of the Permit, the notice he sends to the Director shall also be displayed at the same locations as the original Permit. The suspended, varied or cancelled Permit shall be removed from display at the Project Site.
1.6 The Permit Holder shall decommission the Project in accordance with the project descriptions in Part B of this Permit.
1.7 The Permit Holder shall ensure that the Project is decommissioned in accordance with the information and all recommendations described in the Project Profile (Register No. PP-178/2002); and the information and mitigation measures described in this Permit. Where recommendations referred to in the documents of the Register are not expressly referred to in this Permit, such recommendations are nevertheless to be implemented unless expressly excluded or impliedly amended in this Permit.
1.8 The Permit Holder shall notify the Director in writing the commencement date of the Project prior to the commencement of the Project. The Permit Holder shall notify the Director in writing immediately if there is any change to of the commencement date of the Project.
2. Measures to be implemented during decommissioning of the Project
2.1 Except for those oils that are required to remain in the component and equipment of the gas turbines GT3, GT4, GT5 and GT6 under the Project in order to ensure their proper protection and function upon future recommissioning, all oil including but not limited to fuel oil, lubrication oil, jacking oil and insulation oil shall be drained before cutting of pipes, tanks, oil-filled cables and dismantling of any component or equipment of the gas turbines GT3, GT4, GT5 and GT6 under the Project. Where oil remains in the component and equipment of the gas turbines GT3, GT4, GT5 and GT6, proper precaution shall be taken to ensure all openings are sealed to avoid any oil leakage or spillage during transportation.
2.2 Except for those oils that are required to remain in the transformers associated with the gas turbines GT3, GT4, GT5 and GT6 in order to ensure their proper protection and function upon future recommissioning, all oil from the transformers associated with the gas turbines GT3, GT4, GT5 and GT6 shall be drained, collected for re-use or disposal as chemical waste in licensed treatment facilities for recycling, reprocessing or treatment. Where oil remains in the transformers associated with the gas turbines GT3, GT4, GT5 and GT6, proper precaution shall be taken to ensure all openings are sealed to avoid any oil leakage or spillage during transportation.
2.3 No excavation work shall be allowed within the site of the gas turbine units GT3, GT4, GT5 and GT6.
2.4 All sewage generated from the workforce of the Project shall be collected and discharged to the existing sewage treatment plant at the Castle Peak Power Station.
2.5 No debris and rubbish generated from the Project shall be allowed for entering nearby marine waters so as to avoid causing adverse water quality impact.
2.6 The following mitigation measures for controlling surface run-off related water quality impact shall be fully implemented :
(a) use of sediment traps;
(b) proper maintenance of existing drainage system to prevent overflow; and
(c) regular cleaning, emptying and maintenance of sediment traps and oil interception facilities.
1. This Permit consists of three parts, namely, Part A (Main Permit), Part B (Description of Designated Project) and Part C (Permit Conditions). Any person relying on this Permit should obtain independent legal advice on the legal implications under the Ordinance, and the following notes are for general information only.
2. If there is a breach of any condition of this Permit, the Director or his authorized officer may, with the consent of the Secretary for the Environment, Transport and Works, order the cessation of associated work until the remedial action is taken in respect of the resultant environmental damage, and in that case the Permit Holder shall not carry out any associated works without the permission of the Director or his authorized officer.
3. The Permit Holder may apply under Section 13 of the Environmental Impact Assessment Ordinance (the “Ordinance”) to the Director for a variation of the conditions of this Permit. The Permit Holder shall replace the original permit displayed on the Project site by the amended permit.
4. A person who assumes the responsibility for the whole or a part of the Project may, before he assumes responsibility of the Project, apply under Section 12 of the Ordinance to the Director for a further environmental permit.
5. Under Section 14 of the Ordinance, the Director may with the consent of the Secretary for the Environment, Transport and Works suspend, vary or cancel this Permit. The suspended, varied or cancelled Permit shall be removed from display at the Project site.
6. If this Permit is cancelled or surrendered during decommissioning of the Project, another environmental permit must be obtained under the Ordinance before the Project could be continued. It is an offence under Section 26(1) of the Ordinance to decommission a designated project listed in Part II of Schedule 2 of the Ordinance without a valid environmental permit.
7. Any person who decommissions the Project contrary to the conditions in the Permit, and is convicted of an offence under the Ordinance, is liable: -
(i) on a first conviction on indictment to a fine of $2 million and to imprisonment for 6 months;
(ii) on a second or subsequent conviction on indictment to a fine of $5 million and to imprisonment for 2 years;
(iii) on a first summary conviction to a fine at level 6 and to imprisonment for 6 months;
(iv) on a second or subsequent summary conviction to a fine of $1 million and to imprisonment for 1 year; and
(v) in any case where the offence is of a continuing nature, the court or magistrate may impose a fine of $10,000 for each day on which he is satisfied the offence continued.
8. The Permit Holder may appeal against any condition of this Permit under Section 17 of the Ordinance within 30 days of receipt of this Permit.
9. The Notes are for general reference only and that the Permit Holder should refer to the Environmental Impact Assessment Ordinance for details and seek independent legal advice.
| Figure1 |