Route 16 Investigation Assignment - Alternative Alignment Study
Reference of the Approved EIA Report in the Register: AEIAR-022/1999
Conditions of Approval under Section 8(3) of the EIA Ordinance
- The EIA report with the amendments referred to in our letter of 30 August 1999 (ref. Ax(1) to EP2/N1/A/24 II) and as exhibited under Section 7(1) of the Ordinance, shall be placed on the EIA Ordinance's Register as an approved EIA report.
- The recommendations of the approved EIA report shall be properly implemented.
- To deal with key project changes after the approval of EIA report, the applicant or the person in charge of the project shall seek written agreement from the Director of Environmental Protection (the Director) on those project changes that would affect the findings and recommendations of the approved EIA report, and shall demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Director that the environmental impacts of the project shall not be worse than the environmental impacts described in the approved EIA report, with equivalent or additional measures. Such information shall be made available to the public, as directed by the Director.
- The finalized design of the toll plaza shall minimize the impacts on ecology and shall be submitted to the EIA Sub-committee of the Advisory Council on the Environment for their information.
- The approval of the EIA report shall not remove any person's responsibility to comply with other legislations or to obtain other government approvals.
Environmental Protection Department