Project Title: Agreement No.CE82/97, Route 10 - North Lantau to Yuen Long Highway
Investigation and Preliminary Design Assignment (Southern Section)
Reference of the Approved EIA Report in the Register: AEIAR-030/2000
Conditions of Approval under Section 8(3) of the EIA Ordinance (the Ordinance)
Date of Director's Decision: 2 February 2000
- The EIA report as exhibited under Section 7(1) of the Ordinance, shall be placed on the EIA Ordinance's Register as an approved EIA report.
- The recommendations of the approved EIA report shall be properly implemented.
- To deal with key project changes after the approval of the EIA report, the applicant or the person in charge of the project shall seek written agreement from the Director of the Environmental Protection (the Director) on those project changes that would affect the findings and recommendations of the approved EIA report, and shall demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Director that the environmental impacts of the project shall not be worse than the environmental impacts described in the approved EIA report, with equivalent or additional measures. Such information shall be made available to the public, as directed by the Director.
- The applicant shall conduct a review on the design of the toll plaza and the findings of the review shall be submitted to the Advisory Council on the Environment - EIA Sub-committee for consideration before commencement of construction of the project.
- The construction of the Project covered under the approved EIA report shall not commence until after the EIA report of the Route 10 - North Lantau to Yuen Long Highway (Northern Section) is completed and approved under the Ordinance.
- When the EIA report for the Route 10 - North Lantau to Yuen Long Highway (Northern Section) is submitted under the Ordinance for approval, the cumulative environmental impact of both the Southern and Northern sections of Route 10 - North Lantau to Yuen Long Highway and all relevant findings and recommendations in both EIA studies could be subject to further review in the EIA report submission.
- The approval of the EIA report shall not remove any person's responsibility to comply with other legislation or to obtain other government approvals.
Environmental Protection Department