Project Title: Kowloon-Canton Railway Corporation (KCRC) East Rail Extension - Hung Hom to Tsim Sha Tsui
Reference of the Approved EIA Report in the Register: AEIAR-033/2000
Conditions of Approval under Section 8(3) of the EIA Ordinance (the Ordinance)
Date of Director's Decision : 24 May 2000
- The EIA report as exhibited under section 7(1) of the Ordinance, shall be placed on the EIA Ordinance's Register as an approved EIA report.
- The recommendations of the approved EIA report shall be properly implemented.
- To deal with key project changes after the approval of EIA report, the applicant or the person in charge of the project shall seek written agreement from the Director on those project changes that would affect the findings and recommendations of the approved EIA report, and shall demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Director that the same environmental performance requirements in the approved EIA report can be met by equivalent or additional measures. Such information shall be made available to the public, as directed by the Director.
- No later than 2 weeks before the commencement of any works along Middle Road and / or Mody Road, the applicant shall set up a continuous noise monitoring mechanism to the satisfaction of the Director, including a system to report instantaneous monitoring results on KCRC's website. This system should be provided throughout the construction period. In the event that the measured noise levels exceed the worst case scenario predicted in the EIA report, the applicant shall take immediate action to activate remediation measures.
- The applicant shall implement the compensatory planting and tree transplanting works as recommended in Section 11 of the EIA Report. No later than 2 weeks before the project commences operation, the applicant shall deposit with the Director detailed landscape as-built drawings showing the locations of no less than a total of 1500 trees planted within the project boundary.
- The approval of the EIA report shall not remove any person's responsibility to comply with other legislation or to obtain other government approvals.
Environmental Protection Department