Modifications to MTRC Tsim Sha Tsui Station
Reference of the Approved EIA Report in the Register: AEIAR-043/2001
Conditions of Approval under section 8(3) of the EIA Ordinance (the Ordinance)
- The EIA report as exhibited under Section 7(1) of the Ordinance, shall be placed on the EIA Ordinance's Register as an approved EIA report.
- The recommendations of the approved EIA report shall be properly implemented.
- To deal with key project changes after the approval of EIA report, the applicant or the person in charge of the project shall seek written agreement from the Director of Environmental Protection (the Director) on those project changes that would affect the findings and recommendations of the approved EIA report, and shall demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Director that the same environmental performance of the project shall not be worse than those described in the approved EIA Report, with equivalent or additional measures. Such information shall be made available to the public, as directed by the Director.
- An air monitoring station, to be established at the Chungking Mansion on the side fronting Nathan Road, shall be properly implemented to minimize air pollution impact during the construction stage, together with what are recommended for air quality monitoring in the Environmental Monitoring and Audit Manual that forms part of the approved EIA report.
- A noise monitoring programme, as recommended in the Environmental Monitoring and Audit Manual that forms part of the approved EIA report, shall be fully and properly implemented to minimise the noise impact during the construction stage.
- The Environmental Monitoring and Audit data and reports shall be uploaded on a designated website for public information as soon as it is technically practicable after the data have been collected.
- As recommended in paragraph 5.3.12 of the EIA report, a Waste Management Plan shall be submitted to the Director for approval before commencement of works and its content shall be uploaded in a designated website for public information as soon as it is approved.
- The approval of the EIA report shall not remove any person's responsibility to comply with other legislation or to obtain other government approvals.
Environmental Protection Department