Project Title: Wan Chai Development Phase II
Reference of the Approved EIA Report in the Register : AEIAR-042/2001
Conditions of Approval under Section 8(3) of the EIA Ordinance (the Ordinance)
Date of Director's Decision: 31 August 2001
- The EIA Report as exhibited under Section 7(1) of the Ordinance, shall be placed on the EIA Ordinance's Register as an approved EIA Report.
- The recommendations of the approved EIA Report shall be properly implemented.
- To deal with key project changes after the approval of the EIA report, the applicant or the person in charge of the project shall seek written agreement from the Director of Environmental Protection (the Director) on those project changes that would affect the findings and recommendations of the approved EIA report, and shall demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Director that the same environmental performance requirements in the approved EIA report can be met by equivalent or additional measures. Such information shall be made available to the public, as directed by the Director.
- The Environmental Monitoring and Audit data and reports shall be uploaded on a designated website for public information as soon as it is technically practicable after the data have been collected.
- The proposal of using geosynthetic containers in the approved EIA report for confined disposal of contaminated mud from the Causeway Bay Typhoon Shelter shall be subject to trial test. No later than 4 weeks before the trial test, the applicant shall submit to the Director the detailed arrangements of the trial test including the procedures and the monitoring programme. The applicant shall also notify the Director the commencement date of the trial test at least 1 week prior to the commencement of the test. The applicant shall report the results of the trial test to the Director and to the Advisory Council on the Environment.
- The approval of the EIA report shall not remove any person's responsibility to comply with other legislation or to obtain other Government approvals.
Environmental Protection Department