Project Title: Deep Bay Link
Reference of the Approved EIA Report in the Register : AEIAR-064/2002
Conditions of Approval under Section 8(3) of the EIA Ordinance (the Ordinance)
The EIA Report as exhibited under Section 7(1) of the Ordinance is approved by the Director on the condition that the following requirement shall form part of the approved EIA Report:
1. Construction of the Deep Bay Link project as described in the approved Deep Bay Link EIA report shall not commence until after the EIA report of the Shenzhen Western Corridor project is endorsed by the Advisory Council on the Environment.
2. The project proponent shall provide on-site or off-site compensation for the loss of 0.73 ha of fishpond during the construction stage or advance the section of work near pond no. 24 as described in the approved Deep Bay Link EIA report ahead of other sections of the project so that the proposed fishpond could be created earlier to provide compensation.
3. The project proponent shall ensure that the functions of the re-created wetland adjacent to pond no.24 as described in the approved Deep Bay Link EIA report are maintained all year round.
4. The project proponent shall consider providing relief to the residents of the six dwellings in Tsoi Yuen Tsuen, described as noise sensitive receivers E13 in the approved Deep Bay Link EIA report, during the period when they will be subject to residual construction noise impact.
5. The project proponent shall transplant mature trees, minimize the number of trees to be felled, and select native species of trees for planting in the implementation of the Master Landscape Plan.
6. The project proponent shall avoid using bright and conspicuous colour scheme for noise barriers.
7. The project proponent shall submit the Habitat Creation and Management Plan for approval by the Director before implementation.
Environmental Protection Department