Conditions of Approval under Section 8(3) of the EIA Ordinance (the
The EIA Report as exhibited under Section 7(1) of the Ordinance is approved by the Director of Environmental Protection with the following conditions:-
1. The Applicant shall ensure that the bathing beach will be put into operation only after the new sewerage system under “Tolo Harbour Sewerage of Unsewered Areas Stage I Phase IIC” in Lung Mei area has been completed;
2. The Applicant shall conduct regular monitoring on the water quality of the bathing beach at Lung Mei in the first two years after the opening of the beach to assess the effectiveness of the water quality mitigation measures. The information shall be provided to the Environmental Protection Department for information and appropriate follow-up actions, if necessary;
3. The Applicant shall provide downward street lighting without flare to minimize impacts on star-watching activities;
4. The Applicant shall take additional precautionary measures to reduce the size of the project, particularly the size of the car park and footprint of the project, to further minimize the potential ecological impacts arising from the project; and
5. The set of further information received from the Applicant on 24 October 2008 under Section 8(1) of the Ordinance shall form part of the approved EIA report, and shall be placed on the Ordinance Register and the Ordinance website (http://www.epd.gov.hk/eia).
Environmental Protection Department