Noise emission label for air compressor and hand held percussive breaker

Noise emission label for air compressor and hand held percussive breaker

The Noise Control (Hand Held Percussive Breakers) and (Air Compressors) Regulations limit noise emission from hand held breakers having a mass of above 10 kg and air compressor capable of supplying compressed air at 500 kPa or above for carrying out construction work. The above equipment must be fitted with noise emission labels when in operation.

How to apply :

Application for a Noise Emission Label should be made in the specific form (Form 1) prescribed under the Noise Control Ordinance and accompanied by:

i) either an EEC type-examination certificate; or an EC Declaration of Conformity & relevant documentation under the Directive 2000/14/EC of the European Union; or a noise testing report issued by a corporate member of the Institute of Acoustics, UK, certifying compliance of noise emission standards;

ii) trade leaflets/brochures of the particular equipment, if available;

iii) other relevant information such as the manufacturing date of the equipment; and

iv) a prescribed application fee for each label. Payment shall be made by crossed cheque made payable to "The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region".

Each prescribed form can be used for applying noise emission labels for more than one breakers (or air compressors as appropriate) of the same model. Applications should be submitted to any of the Customer Service Counters of EPD. For detailed information on the application for the Noise Emission Label, please refer to the Information Sheet on "Control of Noise from Hand Held Percussive Breakers and Air Compressors" published by the EPD.



Since 1st April, 2016, air compressor and hand held percussive breaker have been included in the list of Quality Powered Mechanical Equipment (QPME) label system. Applicants, applying for Noise Emission Labels for air compressor or hand held percussive breaker, may also apply for the QPME labels concurrently.

For more details, please visit relevant QPME webpage at:


Back to topTable of Content