ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION DEPARTMENT
Assistant Appointments Manager (Salary: HK$36,765 per month)
Entry Requirements: Candidates should have/be –
(a) a degree from a university in Hong Kong, or equivalent;
(b) minimum three years’ relevant full-time post-graduate working experience in human resources management in the Government and/or public sector; and
(c) Level 3 or above in Chinese Language and English Language in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) or the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE), or equivalent (Note: ‘Grade C’ in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 are accepted administratively as comparable to ‘Level 3’ in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth).
Note : Working experience in recruitment functions in the Government and/or public sector, and proficiency in using Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel are advantages.
Duties: Main duties are –
(i) to assist coordination work and logistics in conducting recruitment exercises and selection interviews for civil service posts and Post-Secondary Student Summer Internship Programme;
(ii) to assist consolidating return and compiling statistics;
(iii) to assist data checking and compilation of documents in relation to promotion exercises; and
(iv) to perform duties in appointments and general administration as assigned by supervisors.
Other Job-related Requirements: The hours and venues of work may be varied having regard to the operational needs of the Department. The successful candidate may be required to work irregular hours and overtime, including evenings and weekends.
Terms of Appointment: The successful candidate will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms for one year.
Fringe Benefits: 14 days of paid annual leave will be granted to the successful candidate. The eligibility for rest days, statutory holidays (or substitute holidays), maternity / paternity leave and sickness allowance, where appropriate, is in line with those provided for under the Employment Ordinance. A gratuity may be granted at the end of the contract period if the contract is satisfactorily completed with consistently high standard of performance and conduct. Such gratuity, if granted, plus any contribution made by the Government to a Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) Scheme in respect of the appointee as required by the MPF Schemes Ordinance, will be equal to 15% of the total basic salary received during the contract period.
How to Apply: Application Forms [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)] are obtainable from any Home Affairs Enquiry Centres of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau's website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Applicants should also provide a detailed account of their academic results and relevant experience in a prescribed supplementary information sheet which can be downloaded from the homepage of the Environmental Protection Department. Completed application form, together with copies of academic certificate and employment record as well as the supplementary information sheet, should reach the Appointments Section, Environmental Protection Department on or before the closing date for application. Please specify “Application for the position of Assistant Appointments Manager” on the envelope. To avoid delayed or unsuccessful delivery of applications by post, please ensure that the correct address is clearly printed or written on the envelope and sufficient postage has been affixed before posting. Mail items bearing insufficient postage will not be delivered to this Department and will be returned to the sender or disposed of by the Hongkong Post, where appropriate. Applicants will bear any consequences arising from paying insufficient postages.
Applications not made in the prescribed form or which are incomplete, late (postmark date will be taken), without provision of copies of the required documents or submitted by fax or email will not be considered. On-line application is not accepted. Applicants who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation in about eight weeks from the closing date of application. Invitations will be issued by post or email. Please ensure the mailing and email addresses are properly provided. Those who are not invited for the interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Contact Address: Appointments Section, Environmental Protection Department, 12/F Guardian House, 32 Oi Kwan Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong.
Enquiry Telephone: 3521 0875
Closing Date for Application: 18 October 2019
Newspaper Advertised (with date): Ming Pao Daily News (4 October 2019) and South China Morning Post (5 October and 12 October 2019)
(1) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(2) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(3) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(4) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(5) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(6) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria. Applicants who have declared disabilities found suitable for appointment may be given an appropriate degree of preference over other applicants whose suitability for appointment is considered comparable to that of the former. The Government policy and other related measures on employment of persons with disabilities are set out in the booklet “Employ People Based on Their Abilities – Application for Government Jobs by Persons with Disabilities” which is available for reference on the Civil Service Bureau's website at http://www.csb.gov.hk under “Administration of the Civil Service – Appointments”.
(7) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by post to the contact address.