A Simple Guide to Set Up an Environmental Management System
Appoint A Green Manager (Module 1)
A Green Manager is ....
A person appointed by top management to take responsibilities for the environmental performance of an organization.
A senior executive preferably at Director level, because he has
- Sufficient influence and authority on the management's decision to implement the environmental policy effectively within the organization;
- Sufficient familiarity with the operations of different departments within the organization;
- Good understanding of the environmental pressures and issues relating to the organization.
- China Light and Power Co. Ltd. : The Environmental Manager
- Dow Chemical Pacific : The Environment, Health and Safety Director
- Environmental Protection Department of Hong Kong Government: The Director of Department
- First Pacific Davies : The Managing Director
- Marks and Spencer : The Director of Corporate Affairs
- Mass Transit Railway Corporation : The Chief Engineer (Operations)
- Shell Hong Kong : The Advisor, Health, Safety and Environment
The Body Shop (Hong Kong) : The General Manager
(The above information is based on the results of " Friends of the Earth's Survey on Green Managers" conducted in 1994)