|Is of a Hong Kong
- which enjoys an environment that is both healthy and pleasant;
- in which the community places a premium on sustaining such an environment for both themselves and future generations, and pursues sustainable development; and
- in which the community enjoys a reliable and safe energy supply at reasonable prices, while improving energy efficiency, promoting energy conservation and minimising the environmental impacts from the production and use of energy.
||Is to contribute towards realising this vision by applying our professional knowledge and judgment and drawing on international experience
- To formulate policies and plans on environmental protection, energy conservation and the promotion of sustainable development.
- To provide world-class physical infrastructure for the treatment and disposal of waste and wastewater.
- To raise community awareness of and promote public support for issues related to environmental protection, energy, conservation and sustainable development.
- To promote collaborative efforts through regional and international co-operation.
- To implement environmental protection and energy related legislation and plans.
- To administer robust environmental impact assessment in the planning of new development and major projects.