A Simple Guide to Set Up an Environmental Management System
Formulate And Implement Environmental Programmes (Module 6)
Why do you need environmental programmes ?
Environmental programmes are detailed plans which lead the organization to where it wants to achieve as set out in the objectives and targets. The purpose is to :
- Provide a schedule for introducing environmental changes over a time scale;
- Provide an estimate of the environmental expenditures for better financial control;
- Ensure effective allocation of manpower and other resources by clearly defining roles and responsibilities;
- Maintain momentum by setting milestones and checkpoints in the programmes; and
- Provide opportunities for learning from and improving upon past programmes.
What are involved in formulating & implementing environmental programmes
It involves the following stages :
The steps involved in each stage are described in the "Steps to Take" section.